The LEGENDARY Kunefe Recipe! Easily Applicable Technique with MANY Tricks to Maximize Its Taste!
It’s Saturday, which means it’s time for another deliciously beautiful video for you guys! Today, we have a very special and also deeply requested recipe for you all. It’s no other than the king of sweet and crispy sherbet desserts, the inseparable other half of pistachio, kunefe, or kanafeh depending on where you eat it 😍 Without further ado, let’s dive into today’s episode where we’ll sweep you off your feet, and when you finish watching and you like what you see, promise to let us know what you think in the comment section below 🥰
For the crust and filling:
150gr kadayıf (Needs to be fresh and raw. You can buy it from Turkish, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean markets or order online. You can find some links below)
– https://amzn.to/3a6krae or just search for “Kadaif,” “Kadayif” or “Kanafeh Dough”
100gr double clotted cream (Alternatively, 3 tablespoons butter)
80gr string cheese, torn into long strings (You can substitute mozzarella or any fresh cheese that melts easily instead.)
1 teaspoon butter
2 handfuls of pistachio, chopped
For the şerbet (syrup):
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons water
A few drops of lemon juice
For the şerbet without refined sugar:
Combine 7 tablespoons honey and 4 table spoons water and it is ready!
• To make the şerbet, combine the water and sugar in a small pan and stir. Place the pan over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring it to the boil while stirring. Boil for a minute and add the lemon juice. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool down.
• Heat the double clotted cream until it is lukewarm and soft. This way, it will be much easier to mix with the kadayıf.
• Pull apart the kadayıf into small pieces around 2-3 cm length. Mix it with the double clotted cream and rub them gently to coat the every kadayıf piece with the cream.
• Set a medium frying pan on low heat. Melt the half of the butter and cover the bottom with the butter
• Spread the half of the kadayıf mixture over the bottom of the pan and push the sides with a wooden spatula to make a round shape.
• Cover the top with the string cheese but leave some space -around 1 cm- from the edges.
• Top with the rest of the mixture and again flatten the sides. You can press on top with your hands to flatten.
• Cook over low heat around 4-5 minutes until the bottom is golden brown.
• Cover the top with a flat lid or plate and flip the künefe to the plate.
• Then melt the rest of the butter and slide the künefe into the pan.
• Cook for another 4 minutes and garnish with the pistachio.
• Turn the heat off and pour the cold şerbet over the künefe. Let it soak the şerbet for a minute and it is ready to enjoy. Top it with a piece of double clotted cream if you want to double the pleasure!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?